[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - WTB: XR650R or bigger late-model KTM
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Flea Market

Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:18 pm 

Looking for an XR650R or KTM 450/525/530. Must be in good to great shape.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:33 pm 

Aw man. Just sold my XRR a few weeks back! Good luck with the search!

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:33 pm 

Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:35 pm 

It's pretty similar to a DRZ I think - actually I haven't sat on a DRZ so I can't say for sure. Seat height should feel similar when standing. I am 6'2" with a 32" inseam and it was comfortable for me to sit on the bike. The pegs were a decent distance from the seat. A bit tough to get right up on the tank in the corners, but I am old and stiff, which is a bigger problem than the bike's ergos.

They are around the same weight, and similarly suspended. The XR would have a lot more grunt - the bottom end on that thing was incredible. You'd twist the throttle in 3rd gear at about 3000 rpm and it felt like someone had lit explosives behind you. The KTM 690 Enduro I just bought has more power, but I think the XR might have actually had a bit more bottom end.

The biggest issues I had with the XR was that it was a kick start - which is a pain when you flame out the motor on a steep hill - and the fact that it was getting older and they don't make them any more. I wish with all my might that instead of scrapping the big XR in 2007 Honda would have put an electric starter on it, made it street legal (barely) and competed head-to-head with KTM. The XR isn't quite the bike the 690 is but it would have been $3000 cheaper! I'd have bought one!

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:06 am 

stock xr is 36 seat height. i researched it this winter when before i made my purchase. KLR is 34 or 35 im 5.8 and klr is a nice height. i dont know my in seam.

2012 wr250

Post Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:48 pm 

crf 450 x would be my choice I think for a more 'enduro' bike, its not a dual purpose bike at all though.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:55 pm 

Thanks guys; picked up an XRR dirt cheap. Now I just have to figure out how to ride it...

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:02 pm 

Congrats on the purchase! You'll love the big bottom end on the XRR!

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Flea Market