[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - I have also picked up a drz400s!
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Pictures and Videos

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:43 pm 

Looks mint. That also looks like the lo-pro seat.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:32 am 

Yeah it's kinda home made looking, but it reduces the seat height by 2" I will stick with it for now.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:21 pm 

Nice find John, about as new as used gets! get rid of those tires though,they dont call them ''deathwings'' for nothing.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:56 pm 

Yup proly intall a 606 front I have laying around. I have always wanted to try a trials tire on the rear like a pirelli m43.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

I used an MT43 the last time we were in Moab. Great tire. Very tall and amazing traction.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:33 am 

Trials tires would be particularly good in Moab, with all that slickrock!

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:15 pm 

Yeah but nearly anything will stick to that stuff! I like the kenda 270 for the rear on my klr, if they ran a bit better rubber in it aired down it would be great.

How did the trials handle the sand Ken? How about the terain out here?

I am thinking of going back in the later half of march.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:56 pm 
Site Admin

I was surprised how well it performed in loose stuff and sand. Seems like it hooks up on anything. We rode a 10KM deep sandy trail out there and I had no complaints. When I got back I rode it out here through mud, across fields and other prairie terrain and it was still awesome. When I replaced it with a trakmaster it actually felt like I had less traction than I did with the worn MT43. I might put one on my 500 this year.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:42 pm 

Nice bike! That'll be so fun!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:56 am 

I have run K270s on my KLR since the dawn of time, and I've found that they work very well for the most part. They do have 3 main weaknesses:

- They suck in the mud
- They make noise on pavement
- Some of them chunk off the centre knobs when they are new (in the first 200 km or so).

If you get a good one (i.e. you don't break all the knobs off in the first few hours) then they tend to do very well. One of their strong points for adventure riding is that the sidewalls are soft, so the tire is easy to change on the trail. I'd hate to try to get that Mefo off the back of my KTM on the trail!

Have fun with the DRZ.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Pictures and Videos