[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Got the kids some green bikes.
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Pictures and Videos

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:19 pm 

Sold the kids Honda's an hour after listing them which was pretty cool. They were both ready to move on, my son to a clutch and my daughter to a bike she didn't bang her knees on the handlebars everytime she hit a bump.

Son got a 2009 KX65 and daughter on a 2013 KLX 140 L .

Can't wait to hoon around on then in the backyard. My son's mad because he can't use any if his Big Red stickers he got from the Honda station at the moto show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:49 pm 

Well those kids are lucky to have the parents they do

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:42 am 

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:17 pm 

Sweet bikes! That's pretty awesome Rob I'm sure you guys will make some great memories this year!

1990 Honda ST1100
1974 Honda Trail 90

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:25 pm 

I want that KLX140, and I'm wayyy to big for it. That's a nice little bike.

Watch that 65 - it's got a fair bit of power (for a 65, that is). There was one 7 year old kid in Calgary (back around 2000 - he'd be in his 20s now!) who would ride a KX65 at the MX track and every time he would come over the tabletop at the finish line he would have that little thing screaming in top gear. He could do the whole track though, doubles, triples, whoops, everything like a pro. The pro racers were the only ones he couldn't keep up with (they were riding 250s) - he would clobber all the amateurs, pass them in the whoops, etc. He was fun to watch.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:00 pm 

That'll be an awesome setup for family riding! Keep an eye on that 65 though. I'm almost 200 lbs and it has plenty of power for me to white knuckle it! Lots of cheap easy ways to tame it of needed and they seem to run forever!

If you're ever looking for a family group ride send me a message. We try to do big family rides a couple times a year. Last year I had a hilarious procession of 7 little ducklings on 50s and 65s following me through Nisbet.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:54 pm 

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:29 pm 

Look up the KX65 washer mod. That tones down the power for the cost of a $0.25 washer in the exhaust header. And if you're scared of him blipping the throttle just put some washers/pvc pipe/etc on the throttle slide to limit the range to 50% or so. Not stylish but cheap n effective to avoid surprise wheelies and yard sales!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

Nice bikes Baroque_Ja! I've been thinking if getting my 9 year old daughter an upgrade to her Baja 90.. Something with a clutch. I've seen some well priced ktm 65's on kijiji but I think it might be too much bike for her at this point. Although if I could calm it down a bit it might be an option. My 5 year old really wants to ride too but I think the 90 is too big for him yet.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:46 pm 

I got a CRF110F for my 8 year old niece and she put 30 hours on it last season. She likes it piles more than the KTM50 she came off of. I just mention it because even though it's a little porky over the 65, the power is confidence inspiring and not terrifying like a 65 is for a recreational rider (especially a lightweight one). It's funny taking her on family rides with other adults as they chuckle at how hard it is to shake her off their tail! Plus electric start makes her pretty happy. I'm a KTM guy but I bought the 110 brand new for quite a bit less than a used KTM 65. If your kids aren't racers that can make use of KTM power and suspension, give the fat 4 strokes a look!

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Pictures and Videos