[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Close collision with Scuba steve from may5
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Pictures and Videos

Post Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:15 pm 

So I have yet to actually make a video from that day of riding :| so lazy I know. But I finally found this a few days ago and forgot to share it.
A really close call with scuba steve (get better tired xD)
-Things I did wrong
Followed way to close in an area we hadn't been yet
-Things I think I did right
I didn't panic
I kept my line and focused on where I wanted to go and didn't target fixate on his head
Laughed after I saw everything was okay
Not going to follow so close through stuff like that again
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QPctpeLQT0[/youtube]

Post Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:20 pm 

Yeah, anytime it doesn't result in an injury it's a good lesson. Glad you were both OK.

When you're riding on the highway it's typical to space fairly close together. But riding on more difficult terrain it's best to give the guy in front lots of space. I know when I ride dirt roads or trails I sometimes change lines abruptly (sometimes you need to if there's ruts, mud etc.), and I usually assume I have the whole lane to myself so no one will be too close behind me or beside me. If it's rough or challenging terrain it can be tough to get in a shoulder check or a mirror check.

It's good practice on back roads or off-road to leave lots of space, and not to pass someone unless you're sure they know you're there and you're coming.

2017 Versys X
1991 Suzuki TS200R

Post Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:36 pm 

At least the thread is not titled " jumping scuba Steve " lol

Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:19 pm 

Thanks for not kissing me Adam! Lol. Ya that was a near one! But for level of crazy that day was I think I just might of shook that off. That doesn't mean it's ok. I don't know why but that makes me want to go out and ride!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:25 pm 

Oh my god! I watched your "vlog" with the farmer and died laughing at you talking to yourself the whole time! :lol: hilarious

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:01 pm 

Like a YT motovlog?! I love those! What's the link?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:30 pm 

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Pictures and Videos