[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Highway Dirtbike handguards, mirrors, risers etc
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:04 pm 

So after going on the weekly ride and having my mirrors get all loosey goosey for the fourth time has got me fed up with them. The retaining nuts loosen up and they flap around, the mirrors themselves shake in the housing, and they look awful.

I've been eyeing up some HDB guards with mirrors. Probably get the SXdx top clamp so I can add some switches to manually run the rad fan and whatever else I feel like.
Now, how they might actually help me out, not just for aesthetics:

Since I'm new to the game I don't really know how I'm supposed to be standing on the bike when the trail gets rough. I feel way more leaned over than when I'm doing the same thing on my sled, but then again the sled has a 10" riser. My arms are kinda short for my height I think. I was thinking of getting some bigger risers from HDB as well to fix this. Maybe next time around I'll ask for some pointers to make sure I'm doing it right. Other option is maybe getting something like this http://roxspeedfx.com/collections/adv-d ... 1025084845

Either way, does anyone has some experience with HDB? They're pretty high on my list since they solve my mirror issue, manual fan switch install (already got a replacement KTM thermostat), and (maybe) some of my stance issue.

Thanks for any info

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:34 pm 

Hdb are the ultimate. Me and my friends use them

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:30 pm 

I regret not getting the HDB handguards

1990 Honda ST1100
1974 Honda Trail 90

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:55 pm 

HDB guards are pretty sweet. I don't have em but I'm jealous every time I see them on another bike.

As for handlebar height it's pretty personal. Low is good for aggressive trail riding, but too low is hard on your back and wrists. Tall is comfortable for lots of standing on the trail, but feels like a chopper sitting down and you can't get any leverage for cornering, log hopping, pivot turns or whatever trail maneuver you're doing. A good guide for bar height is being able to stand on the pegs in a natural athletic position and have very little weight on the bars. If you can't achieve this without a goofy body position your bars are probably too low (or far away if you're rolling them forward/mounting in forward positions). Preferred bar height can change for a variety of reasons but this will get you in the ballpark if you're just starting. I've heard of guys using the adjustable risers to find a sweet spot but they seem to buy the appropriate bar to use without risers once they have found that comfort zone. Hope this helps a bit!

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:15 pm 

Hanguard are a good price. If you start adding on a bunch of add-ons then the price goes up.

I have the bar cap with 4 switches from them. Nice and compact

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

There's 2 amp and 10 amp switches

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:43 pm 

I order hand guard's from touratec in dec and I'm still waiting for them.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:50 pm 

Thanks folks. From what Poindexter says maybe I'll just get the guards and top clamp for now (or at least some time) and see if I can find some adjustable lowers for cheap. I can figure out the height and overall stance better that way.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:02 pm 

Check out the ROX risers too!

1990 Honda ST1100
1974 Honda Trail 90

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:20 pm 

I have 2 extra power sockets for the HDB top clamps if u get that one

Sent from Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:44 pm 

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » Gear and Accessories