[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club • View topic - Thinking on a V-strom 650
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:21 pm 

yeah had my eye on the 2016xt trade they had with skid pan, crash bars, bark busters center stand ect. but a few hours before I showed up sat morning (gw cycle in calgary) it sold. I was kinda bummed out at first but seeing the 2017's next to it they seemed like they way to go, and it wasn't much more money for the new one. only thing i would like right away is the center stand, oh and luggage rack. I have some 1430 pelican cases I'm going to have to build or buy a rack for them.

I didn't mind the look of the 2016, but the stacked headlight/front end is slick. 6 extra horse pony's and 5years warranty don't hurt anything either.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:51 pm 

And the factory skid pan, crash bars, bark busters are not near as good of quality as you will get from the aftermarket stuff anyways.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:57 pm 

2700 km on it so far. did a quick trip out to glacier last weekend. Have a few pelican 1430's laying around. only built a rack for the one side, it might just stay that way.

Attachments:
20170805_152608.jpg
20170805_152608.jpg [ 2.07 MiB | Viewed 320 times ]
20170805_151915 (1).jpg
20170805_151915 (1).jpg [ 1.75 MiB | Viewed 320 times ]
20170807_082709 (1).jpg
20170807_082709 (1).jpg [ 2.21 MiB | Viewed 321 times ]
20170807_082733.jpg
20170807_082733.jpg [ 2.22 MiB | Viewed 321 times ]
20170807_084000.jpg
20170807_084000.jpg [ 1.56 MiB | Viewed 321 times ]

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:33 pm 

So what do you think of the new ride so far?
Hope you like it enough to get to 142,000 like the KLR

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:07 pm 

I think it could be the bike to replace the klr. had a drz 400 a few years ago and thought maybe that it could replace the klr but it just didn't do the open roads out here like the klr so I sold it. And the dl 650 handles and performs on the hiway/street like klr owners wish there bikes would.

The klr will stay with me though. I have a mind to put it into storage in some country that's warm in the winter and then have a fly in bike trip to look forward to in the off season.

Board index » Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club Forum » General Discussion